According to new research by Illicit Encounters, the UK’s top married dating site, lawyers are the safest people to have affairs with, and make better liars than politicians, salesmen and even actors!
2,000 Illicit Encounters members were surveyed about what profession they thought was the safest to have affairs with and out of a list of 40 options, including teachers, bankers, psychics, entrepreneurs and doctors, lawyers came out on top with 27% of the votes.
When this 27% (541 people) were asked ‘Why do you think lawyers are the best profession to have an affair with?’ the top ten reasons were –
- 1)They’re great liars.
- 2)I think they’re too smart to get caught.
- 3)If they get caught, they can talk their way out of trouble.
- 4)They’re good at creating alibies.
- 5)They’re stressed from their job so they have a lot of tension to release in bed.
- 6)They’re very good at wining and dining.
- 7)They’re very good at organising discrete weekends away.
- 8)They have long working hours, so if I want to meet late at night, they can make a believable excuse to their spouse.
- 9)They have attention to detail which makes them better in bed.
- 10) If my partner finds out and leaves me, I have someone to take care of the divorce!
“What’s most shocking about this research is that lawyers are deemed even better liars than politicians!” Claire Page, spokesperson for Illicit Encounters said, “One would think that backbiting, obfuscation, and double-dealing are practically job qualifications for politicians, so for lawyers to be seen as better liars than them, that’s quite an achievement!
“Equally as surprising is that they’re even seen as better liars than actors – people who lie for a living. For some, lawyer stereotypes that they’re untrustworthy, deceitful and dishonest may seem like a negative, but it’s for these exact reasons that lawyers are fantastic affair material!”
Although lawyers were regarded the safest profession to have an affair with, only 2.05% of the surveyed people (29 women and 12 men) would leave their current spouses for a lawyer.
The top five fictional Hollywood lawyers people would sleep with are:
- 1)Atticus Finch, Gregory Peck, To Kill a Mocking Bird
- 2)Erin Brockovich, Julia Roberts, Erin Brockovich
- 3)Daniel Kaffee, Tom Cruise, A Few Good Men
- 4)Billy Flynn, Richard Gere, Chicago
- 5)Marylin Rexroth, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Intolerable Cruelty
The UK’s Leading married dating website IllicitEncounters.com
IllicitEncounters.com is the UK’s largest and longest running dating site for married people. With over 970,000 members across the UK, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Established in 2003, we have been providing a meeting place for like-minded married and attached people for nearly 10 years. Our members have one thing in common – they are all looking for a little romance outside their current relationship. Whether that’s the occasional bit of flirtatious chat, a regular coffee date, or a full-blown affair, that’s up to them.
For comments, case-studies or more information contact Claire Page:
Office: 020 7953 7167