The Seven Year Itch is a myth – women who are unfaithful are likely to cheat on their husbands three years and three months after their wedding day, according to new research

afe3b75bbcf6a409487faa19d393c89f12055f30
* Men who commit adultery wait for three years and eight months for first lapse;
* Adultery occurs in 45% of marriage;
* Cheating is first initiated by women in 57% of cases and by men in 43% of cases;
* Main reason for women committing adultery is dissatisfaction with their partner whereas sex was the main driver for men;
* Research is from IllicitEncounters.com, Britain’s biggest website for married p

Women who are unfaithful first cheat on their husband three years and three months after their wedding day, according to new research.

It found that adulteresses have their first lapse five months faster than men.
Men who commit adultery first cheat three years and eight months after tying the knot.
The findings shatter the myth that couples go through a ‘Seven Year Itch’ when cheating is most likely.
In fact, the first signs of trouble for couples who are likely to cheat come in half that time.
Women are far more likely to be unfaithful if their mothers have strayed, too
.
Three-quarters of adulteresses (73%) have mothers who have strayed as well.
Many women feel their mother’s infidelity gives them ‘permission’ to cheat – and they consequently take their vows less seriously.
Men are also more likely to stray if their fathers were philanderers – but not to the same extent as women.
Just 54% of unfaithful men said cheating ran in the male half of family.
The results suggest there may well be a ‘cheating gene’ which runs in families – making the children of unfaithful people more likely to betray their partners.
The results are revealed in a new poll of 1,000 people by IllicitEncounters.com – Britain’s biggest dating website for married people.
It found that in 45% of marriages there is adultery. This is first initiated by women in 57% of the cases with men first taking the lead in the remaining 43%.
The research found that men and woman have very different reasons for cheating, with emotional problems the main factor for women whereas sex, opportunity and peer group pressure are much more important for men.
The top five reasons for women cheating were – 1 Dissatisfaction with my partner; 2 I reconnected with an old flame on social media; 3 I’ve changed since my wedding day; 4 I met someone else; 5 I was drunk.
The top five reasons for men cheating were – 1 I wanted more sex; 2 An opportunity came along and I couldn’t say no; 3 I am too young to commit myself to one partner; 4 I was drunk; 5 I succumbed to peer group pressure after a friend cheated, too.
The typical female member of IllicitEncounters.com cheats on their partner three times in their first year on the site.
Male members cheat slightly less often – at 2.5 times on average.
IllicitEncounters.com spokesman Christian Grant said: “The Seven Year Itch is a myth, particularly if you are the off-spring of unfaithful parents.
“If you want to know if your wife will cheat, you may want to take a close look at your mother-in-law.
“Cheating does run in the family, particularly on the female side.
“Women idolise their mother as they grow up and follow their good and bad behaviour.
“If their parents divorce or their mother confides in them about previous affairs, women are far more likely to do the same when they marry themselves.”

Why do women cheat
1 Dissatisfaction with my partner
2 Reconnected with an old flame on social media
3 I’ve changed since wedding day
4 I met someone else
5 I have drunk
 
Why do men cheat
1 I wanted more sex
2 An opportunity came along and I couldn’t say no
3 I was too young to commit to one partner
4 I was drunk
5 I succumbed to peer group pressure after a friend cheated too
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s