- There *is* an ideal number of sexual partners to have had, and it’s 12
- IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people, surveyed over 1,000 people to find that 40% of men and 49% of women thought that between 10 and 14 partners is best, with 12 being perfect
- 60% of men and 55% of women agreed that sleeping with as many as 12 partners is indicative of someone who’s sexually adventurous, liberal and transient.
- Conversely, 70% of men and 66% of women said that anything less than 10 partners indicates sexual inexperience and a lack of adventure in the bedroom
- Men and women disagreed when it came to sexual history; over half of men want to know how many people their partner has slept with – they want to know what the competition is like – while as little as 45% of women are interested
Is there an ideal number of sexual partners someone can have? As it turns out, yes, and that number is 12.
IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity, surveyed over 1,000 people to find out how many sexual partners they’d want their new lover to have had.
As many as 40% of men and 49% of women said that between 10 and 14 partners is best, making it the most popular answer. Within that range, both men and women landed on 12 as the perfect number.
As it turns out, this represents an increase on last year’s finding, where 10 was seen as the ideal number.
Why 12? Well, 60% of men and 55% of women agreed that sleeping with as many as 12 partners is indicative of someone who’s sexually adventurous, liberal and transient.
At the same time, an overwhelming 70% of men and 66% of women said that anything less than 10 partners indicates sexual inexperience and, more importantly, someone who is a bit too conservative in the bedroom.
Both sexes also agreed that anything above 19 partners is a red flag, indicating that perhaps someone is too eager to jump from partner to partner, or simply too selfish and very difficult to please.
There is, however, one notable point in which men and women fundamentally disagreed, and that’s in knowing their partner’s sexual history. For men, this was incredibly paramount, with as a little over half (53%) stating that they’d want to know how many people their partner has slept with, while as little as 45% of women were interested in knowing the same.
Spokesperson for IllicitEncounters.com, Christian Grant, commented:
“We are more liberal, tolerant and sexually adventurous than we’ve ever been, so the numbers game matters. A good sexual connection is the cornerstone of any solid relationship, so someone who is lacking in sexual experience, is a little too conservative between the sheets, or both, is a legitimate cause for concern for some people.
“Men are a little more self-conscious when it comes to competition, too. Their need to know how many people their partner has slept with derives from their competitive streak. They want to be seen as the biggest and best; whether that stems from genuinely wanting to satisfy their partner or to massage their own ego is another matter entirely.
“Women on the other hand, they’re just happy to enjoy the moment, past experiences aside.”
NOTES TO EDITOR
IllicitEncounters.com is the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity. With over 1,000,000 genuine UK users since 2004, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Established in 2004, we have been providing a meeting place for like-minded married and attached people for nearly 12 years. Our members have one thing in common – they are all looking for a little romance outside their current relationship. Whether that’s the occasional bit of flirtatious chat, a regular coffee date, or a full-blown affair, that’s up to them.
We’re always more than happy to talk about IllicitEncounters.com – please contact Christian Grant through the details below – but we’re not willing to speak publicly about SaraHartley.net at this moment in time.