- Intelligent people are more likely to cheat, new research has found
- IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people, studied the educational qualifications of 1,000 men and 1,000 women on its site, with 76% of women holding a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 65% of men.
- 70% of men and 72% of women also worked in senior roles in, averaging £76,000 and £68,000 a year respectively.
- Smarter and more successful individuals are much more attractive, meaning that they’re more likely to be desired by others; they have more opportunity to cheat
- As for women, with so many being more financially stable than ever before, they’re less dependent on their significant other than they’ve ever been, so the risk of an affair is far less.
Bigger brains, bigger libido; intelligent people are more likely to have affairs, and women even more so.
IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity, studied the educational qualifications of 1,000 men and 1,000 women on its site, with as many as 76% of women holding a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 65% of men.
Education, however, was not the standalone factor when it came to determining just how intelligent someone was.
The website also looked its members to find how many spoke more than one language (20% women, 9% men) and how many ran their own business (55% men, 48% women).
While that leaves plenty who don’t run their own business, 70% of men and 72% of women worked in senior roles in their respective professions, averaging £76,000 and £68,000 a year respectively.
The site’s spokesperson, Christian Grant, explains the link between a big brain and a bigger propensity to stray:
“Smarter people are immediately more attractive,” he explains.
“A big brain is a turn on for so many, and when you accompany that with a big salary, the allure of success means that smarter people find themselves in situations where the opportunity for temptation is greater than that of their less intelligent and less successful counterparts.”
“Intelligent, successful people also have the disposable income to be able to afford a little bit on the side, while their important job affords them the perfect excuse of ‘working late’ so they can sneak out for a secret rendezvous.
“They’re also natural problem solvers, better negotiators, and tend to take calculated risks, so, if their marriage hits the rocks, and they cannot – or do not – want to upset the applecart at home, they’ve got no problem in exploring their only other option: an affair.”
“As for the rise in women cheating, you can thank the increase in the amount of women choosing to focus on their careers, with children coming into the equation later in life, if at all.
“With more financial stability, they’re less dependent on their significant other than they’ve ever been, so the risk of an affair becomes far less.”
NOTES TO EDITOR
IllicitEncounters.com is the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity. With over 1,000,000 genuine UK users since 2004, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Established in 2004, we have been providing a meeting place for like-minded married and attached people for nearly 12 years. Our members have one thing in common – they are all looking for a little romance outside their current relationship. Whether that’s the occasional bit of flirtatious chat, a regular coffee date, or a full-blown affair, that’s up to them.
We’re always more than happy to talk about IllicitEncounters.com – please contact Christian Grant through the details below – but we’re not willing to speak publicly about SaraHartley.net at this moment in time.
Office: 020 7729 6098