- Results are from a new survey of 2,000 female adulterers by IllicitEncounters.com
- The majority of women polled are seeking an adventure, with 41% stating that is the sole reason they stray from their marriages.
- Lack of sex at home ranked second with 34% of respondents claiming they had no physical relationship with their husbands.
- 19% of the women polled stated that they feel unappreciated at home.
- 98% of women having an affair do not want to leave their partner.
- One third of women polled have no physical relationship at home.
Have you ever been curious to know what could lead your lady astray? More women than ever are cheating, or willing to admit that they are cheating. Why the sudden shift in attitude toward infidelity?
The summer poll of 2,000 women who use IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people has given an insight into some of the key factors and reasons why women cheat.
Is your wife living the same routine day in and day out? You could be complicit in creating the perfect environment to push her into a secret lovers arms. Of the responders almost half (41%) of the women polled were eager to break their routine and have an exciting extramarital adventure.
The curse of bedroom boredom, one in three reported having no physical relationship at home, and long for physical intimacy. This extends beyond just sex, the survey found that typically, women who fell into this category indicated in their profiles a desire for nonsexual physical fulfilment as well, for example cuddling and holding hands.
Doing the dishes once a week isn’t going to cut it anymore, just under a fifth (19%) of women feel unappreciated at home.
Most shocking was the revelation that 98% of the women indicated that they did not wish to leave their partner, with many of them claiming to have otherwise good relationships with their husbands!
Top reasons women cheat – ranked
- I want some adventure in my life (41%)
- I have no physical relationship at home (34%)
- I don’t feel appreciated at home (19%)
- I want to leave my partner (2%)
- I don’t want a full time relationship (2%)
- I was living with a gay husband (1%)
- My husband is disabled (1%)
Experienced adulteress Samantha James (56) told us: “After having kids, and making a home, and doing all the things I was supposed to do, I felt stagnant, living as though I was already dead. I needed something that was just for me, new and exciting and that’s what I got from my first affair, and every one after.”
Illicit Encounters spokesperson Christian Grant explains:
“The data we’ve seen from this poll has been very consistent, in today’s age women are feeling more entitled to behaviour that has long been accepted as a male prerogative.”
“ What has been very surprising is how many women say they are still very much in love with their husbands, but their needs in some way or another are not being met in their marriage”
“Affairs are no longer viewed as some seedy transgression, but as a creative act, a protest against what for many women is an oppressive and suffocating institution.”
NOTES TO EDITOR
IllicitEncounters.com is the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity. With over 1,000,000 genuine UK users since 2004, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Established in 2004, we have been providing a meeting place for like-minded married and attached people for nearly 12 years. Our members have one thing in common – they are all looking for a little romance outside their current relationship. Whether that’s the occasional bit of flirtatious chat, a regular coffee date, or a full-blown affair, that’s up to them.
We’re always more than happy to talk about IllicitEncounters.com – please contact Christian Grant through the details below – but we’re not willing to speak publicly about SaraHartley.net at this moment in time.
Tel: 020 7729 6098