- The debut of Apple Tree Yard has inspired thousands to have an affair, new research has revealed
- llicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people, has seen a 42% week-on-week increase in the amount of people signing up to the site after the show’s debut
- The effects of the TV show were immediate, as the site’s busiest point on the weekend of 21st/22nd was directly after the first episode concluded at 10:00pm on Sunday 22nd
- Many signed up with usernames inspired by the show and its actors/characters, such as ‘A Costley Affair’ and ‘Adam’s Apple’
- 82% of users who visited the site on the day of the show’s debut were new users, compared to just 55% on the previous Sunday
There are certain pieces of entertainment that transcend television and inspire us in real life. One such show, Apple Tree Yard, has done just that, with many flocking to have an affair as a result.
IllicitEncounters.com, the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity, has seen a 42% week-on-week increase in the amount of people signing up to the site – an increase that it attributes to the debut of Apple Tree Yard.
In fact, the effects of the TV show were immediate, as 10:00pm on Sunday 22nd, right after the first episode finished airing, was the site’s busiest point on the weekend, with 13% more visitors than at any other point during that weekend.
New members were clearly motivated by the show, with many adopting usernames inspired by its characters and actors; the most notable were ‘A Costley Affair’, ‘Adam’s Apple’ and ‘Sussanahversary’, to the slightly more audacious ‘Mark’s Boner’.
And of everyone who visited the site on Sunday 22nd, 82% were new users, compared to 55% to the previous Sunday. There was a similar pattern this Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th, with 70% of all visitors being new users, compared to 38% in the same two days last week.
The site’s spokesperson, Christian Grant, expands on the significant impact the BBC drama has had:
“We’ve always been inspired and empowered by television and film. Documentaries like Planet Earth move us to protect the environment, while fiction inspires us to emulate the James Bond’s of the world.
“Apple Tree Yard is no different, mobilising thousands of men and women across the country to do something about the loveless and sexless marriage that they’ve found themselves trapped in; seeing a raunchy affair take place on-screen has clearly reminded them of the spark that, for one reason or another, is sorely missing from their mundane relationship, and now they’re doing whatever they can to recapture it.”
NOTES TO EDITOR
IllicitEncounters.com is the UK’s leading dating website for married people and the leading authority on infidelity. With over 1,000,000 genuine UK users since 2004, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Established in 2004, we have been providing a meeting place for like-minded married and attached people for nearly 12 years. Our members have one thing in common – they are all looking for a little romance outside their current relationship. Whether that’s the occasional bit of flirtatious chat, a regular coffee date, or a full-blown affair, that’s up to them.
We’re always more than happy to talk about IllicitEncounters.com – please contact Christian Grant through the details below – but we’re not willing to speak publicly about SaraHartley.net at this moment in time.